Tuesday, September 23, 2008

No time

Thought I'd share a list of stuff for which I don't have time (but I must be brief!)

Clean my closet (even though it is currently more of a "walk on" than a "walk in"

Empty the junk drawer (shouldn't this be easy since, by definition, it is all just junk anyway?)

Clean the Jell-o off the middle refrigerator shelf (it spilled and is now a permanent fixture)

Re-Paint my toenails (this might not seem important, but it is. For now, I keep touching up the ends!)

Wash windows (the forty small fingers and forty small toes -yes, toes- and slobbery dog are winning)

Get the laptop fixed (the tech guy actually asked me if there was anything important on it - do they not know what computers are for? If there was nothing important on it, why would I care if it didn't work?)

Pray (okay this doesn't matter, because I can't afford not to pray, so I make time. Praise God that He stretches the minutes I spend with Him when I make it a priority!)

Waste (yup - no time to waste! My kids are here now. They need me and they won't wait for all the other stuff to get done. My marriage requires my active participation, my efforts, my commitment, my devotion. My Lord bids me to come as well. He is not impressed with my busy schedule. I must lay it all at the feet of the Savior and trust Him with what's next.)

No comments: