It's been so long, that I thought I would take a few minutes to reconnect. I've been busy living life, as I am sure you all have. Isn't it fun to see spring starting to peek through the last vestiges of winter snow and mud? Have you seen a Robin yet? How about a crocus? For us, spring means the bayou is finally ice-free and we get the treat of having lots of migrating birds pass through our little water stop. We've had Merganser Ducks lately. They are big and striking. I'll include a picture soon.
For now, I'll leave you with thirteen (that's the generous baker's dozen) things I hope to do during our upcoming spring break at home.
1. Bake bread (This is one of my favorite things to do in the kitchen!)
2. Clean windows and screens (maybe if the screens are ready, it'll soon be warm enough to open those windows!)
3. Take naps (I don't think daily is too often when on vacation!)
4. Keep up with my Bible reading (Never take a vacation from that!)
5. Paint the bathroom. (Not sure if this is on my husband's list, though, so we'll see...)
6. Go to a baseball game with friends (Home opener weekend!)
7. Yard clean-up - maybe the ground will be soft enough to plant some spring bulbs!)
8. Clean out the garage (it's not pretty in there...)
9. Visit the library (we need to stock up for a week of lazy afternoons!)
10. Lunch and shopping with my mom (It's just fun, even if we don't buy anything!)
11. Date with my husband (a necessity)
12. Meal planning for April and May (things get hairy when we get back into things after vacation...busy weeks ahead)
13. Drink tea and read books (I'm with C.S. Lewis, no cup big enough, no book long enough or me! :0)
There's nothing like staying home for real comfort. Jane Austen