Tuesday, February 28, 2012

National Pancake Day!



If it is good enough for IHOP, it is good enough for our kitchen! In honor of National Pancake Day, I thought I would share our very favorite pancake recipe. It has been tweaked and doubled and made to fit our family perfectly. Add blueberries, chocolate chips, dried apples, etc. to your own imaginative taste! Enjoy!

Pancakes
3 cups flour (use half white and half whole wheat if you like)
2 eggs
2 cups milk (buttermilk is even better)
6 T melted butter (use the real stuff)
1/4 cup sugar (sub brown sugar and a teaspoon of cinnamon if you are doing apple pancakes)
2 T baking powder
1 t salt
1/4 cup real vanilla (I know this is a lot...it is worth it - yummy!)

Mix just until combined and ladle onto a hot griddle. Serve with syrup, fruit, and all the other yummies (My husband is a huge fan of bacon, so I will often cook the bacon first so there is a bit of bacon grease on the griddle - I do drain off most of it - in which to cook the pancakes. He loves that bacony crispy, greasy edge around his cakes! Hey - I never claimed these were healthy, just hearty and homey and every inch of their diameter is comfort food!)

No comments: